Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Picturesque Porto Portugal

This weekend my family took a trip to Portugal. My host sister, Pilar, is doing a semester at the university in Porto. So most of the family went with her to Porto and on Saturday, we played the tourist (which there were lots of) and walked around the city looking at everything and taking pictures and eating. Pêrsonally.. I liked the eatiung. 

Porto has a river running through it, a very wide river that I have no clue what it is called. Oops haha. But anyways, there are about a million bridges (maybe closer to "a lot") across the river and we crossed one and it was pretty spectacular. It is a two story bridge and no I don't know it's name.


And so yeah, that was pretty cool. There were a few big churches also (as there seem to be everywhere in Europe).




And in case you're wondering about the title, yes, it is an example of alliteration, and yes you can tell Mr. Loun that Miguel is very good at English… obviously. And I put "picturesque" in there because "pretty" doesn't sound sophisticated (like me) and "beautiful" was not getting me bonus points for alliteration. Plus, it's a good word to describe the city. Picturesque.

Un saludo, Miguel

I could almost see you guys in the USA from our apartment balcony. 













Me with the symbol of Portugal. 
(Yours truly and Fernando)








No comments:

Post a Comment